Saturday, August 8, 2009

sometimes, you want to tell them all off. all of them. of course, they probably feel that way about you. yeah, never really thought about that. you think they suck, but what if they think you suck?

wynton kelly...damn.

took the kids to the discovery museum, a small science museum in acton, a burb of boston. man, the burbs are a bore. bunch of bland whites. in any case, it was a kick to dig the kids. the place was hands on, interactive, all that shit. i jumped in by sticking my head in a long pipe and hitting high notes. i nailed "the record shows, my balls are froze, and did it my way!" (an original from papa mellish) banged on some stuff that made random noises. held my hand on a buzzer for a couple of minutes until concerned citizens took notice and shot me a look. in short, acted the fool, which i think is perhaps, my truest self, reading and music notwithstanding. (bullshit word, huh? does it even exist?) i find the kids like an adult who is crazier than they are, though they act like fuckheads either way. and why not? adults suck, why not children? the trip went well, at least as well as it could. but, i was still on the clock. i resent that condition. i resent it with every fiber of my being (who am i, wheat germ? that may well have been the first time i ever said "with every fiber of my being.") remember the guaranteed income? they used to talk alot about that. give me enough to survive on, and i would be sipping pina colada's at the local pond, book in hand. could even write that book that no one has asked for. "asses i have seen." sounds like a bestseller to me, but then, my taste is questionable.

until then, work it is. set the clock, grab the morning coffee, sit next to smelly stiffs on the bus. now that i shower twice a day, i notice bo. funny how it didn't bother me when i was the guy who stunk. to the all the bus riders who i may have offended in days of yore, i apologize. i am sure you are all following my blog, and will read this in within minutes.

even the weekends are starting to suck.

well, there is always next week.

for most of us.

No comments: